In this handy guide, we've outlined the differences between Adobe Acrobat's entry-level and professional versions. There's no clear winner in the Adobe Acrobat Standard vs. Pro debate, because every user has different needs. We hope this guide will help you make an educated purchase, so that you get more value from the software.
Adobe Acrobat Standard
Adobe Standard DC is the newest version of Acrobat, and it offers plenty of functionality at a reduced price. Right now, you can buy an annual Standard subscription for $12.99 a month, but it's only available for Windows users. Here are some of the latest features:
- Seamlessly Deliver Documents: With the Send & Track tool, you can quickly store a PDF in the Document Cloud, and then send it to anyone with a simple link. You can even see when your recipients open the file.
- Work on Smartphones and Tablets: The Adobe Reader mobile app allows you to access and organize PDFs on the go. Meanwhile, if you want to save a physical document as a PDF, just use the Adobe Scan app to capture and convert an image with your mobile camera.
- Sign Any Form, Electronically: Using Acrobat's Fill & Sign tool (or the Fill & Sign mobile app), you can sign a document with your touchscreen or keyboard. The Fill options also allow you to save data as an autofill collection, and then use it on subsequent documents.
Adobe Acrobat Pro
Acrobat Pro DC has all of Standard DC's functionality, but it adds even more editing features and business support. Available for Windows and Mac, you can purchase an annual Pro subscription for $14.99 a month. Here are some of Pro's most exciting features:
- Compare Multiple PDFs: The Compare Files tool has been updated so that it's even easier to see differences in two PDF files. Each scan produces a comprehensive results summary, so you can see what's been added and removed. Filter the results by text, image, formatting, and more.
- Edit and Delete PDF Pages: With a Pro subscription and the Adobe Acrobat Reader app, you can modify individual pages on your mobile device. The iPad version even allows you to edit text and add annotations.
- Redact Sensitive Information: Acrobat Pro contains a powerful Redact toolset, so you can hide delicate material from the public with a few clicks.