Shutterstock offers a diverse array of search tools for finding the perfect footage clip. It’s a good thing too, considering we add almost 100,000 new clips each week!
Search by Keyword
Have some ideas about what you need? Searching by keyword is a great place to start. You can enter anything that comes to mind and our search tool will find it (as long as it exists in our library). Too many results? Try entering additional keywords that may narrow down your search.
You can also filter them with the advanced search tools to the left of the search results:
- Resolution - show results in SD, HD, or 4K
- License - filter out Editorial or non-Editorial
- People - show videos with people in them
- Category - choose from various categories/topics
- Contributor - find videos from a specific contributor
You can also choose how results are sorted:
- New - show newest content first
- Popular - show most popular content first
- Relevant - show most relevant content first (based on keyword)
- Random - randomize search results
Need a specific clip?
If you know the clip ID number, you can enter it into the search bar get right to it.
Check your Download History
If you’ve previously downloaded a clip, it will be visible in your Download History.