Shutterstock Editorial provides live access to news, sports, and entertainment, plus archival images, from our world-class photographers and global partners. Our collection includes over 40 million images, with over 20,000 new images added daily.
Editorial content can be used in print or digital:
- News articles
- Inside non-fiction books
- Other newsworthy purposes
Editorial content cannot be used in:
- Print covers
- Broadcast TV and over-the-top (OTT) programming such as Netflix
- Product packaging
- Any other commercial/promotional use
How do I license Editorial images?
This editorial image is part of Shutterstock Editorial, along with the latest content from our editorial photographers and global partners. Get access to this image by licensing either an Editorial single image or a pack of 25. View plan pricing here. Simply click the red “Buy Now” button when viewing the image to get started. Shutterstock Premier access is also available and is great for large corporate teams with high-volume Editorial content usage. Learn more.
What does the Shutterstock Editorial License allow?
The Shutterstock Editorial License can be used in the following ways:
- Use by a single individual.
- A single use - it may be used for one edition of a single publication or other medium in one language only. If you need additional uses, please purchase another license.
- For non-commercial purposes.*
- In print and digital (excluding broadcast, cable network, OTT video services, or in theaters and on publication covers, jackets, or other packaging).
- Up to 500,000 print copies.
- $25,000 indemnification per issue.
*In some circumstances, third party permission may be acquired to permit commercial use of specific Editorial content. This may involve contacting model(s) depicted, contacting the artist, etc. Contact Shutterstock Premier to see if your case applies.
How do I find editorial images that don’t require a Shutterstock Editorial License?
Shutterstock offers a wide selection of non-commercial editorial content that’s available for licensing under our Standard and Enhanced Licenses. Take a look at our plans here. To find content for editorial use only, go to the Image tab and perform a search. On the search results page click "More" under the search bar, then check the "Only Editorial" box.
How do I filter out editorial content in my searches?
If you’re looking for content to use in commercial purposes, you can filter out editorial content completely. Navigate to the Image tab and perform a search. On the search results page, click “More” under the search and check “Non-Editorial.”