Shutterstock’s free browse accounts let you explore our vast library and create image Collections to collect images. Once you’re ready to download images, you’ll need to buy a plan. Check out our plans here. After purchasing a plan, you’ll be ready to download.
Once you’re ready with a plan, there are several ways to download.
Download from the image detail page:
- Next to the image, you’ll see the image sizes: S (small), M (medium), L (large), and XL (supersize - when available). Choose the size you want (we recommend downloading the Large size and then scaling it for your needs).
- Click the red Download button.
- The Download page will appear. If you have one plan, it’ll default to that. If you have more than one, you can select the one you want in the dropdown. In some cases you’ll be able to upgrade your download to an Enhanced License. Just check the box to opt in. This will not use one of your available downloads - it’s a separate license/transaction.
- Once you’ve selected your plan, hit the Confirm and download button. Your image should download right away to the folder you’ve set your browser to save downloads to.
Download from an image Collection:
- Head to the Collection you'd like to download from
- Hover over an image, and click the Download button
- A Download summary will pop up (you won't need to leave your Collection)
- Select the image size and plan you'd like to use
- Click download and you'll be dropped back to the Collection and the image will immediately download
Have questions or feedback?
We're here to answer any questions you have, and your feedback is very valuable to us - contact us anytime.