Shutterstock offers a diverse array of search tools for finding the perfect image. It’s a good thing too, considering we add almost a million new images each week!
Search by Keyword
Have some ideas about what you need? Searching by keyword is a great place to start. You can enter anything that comes to mind and begin browsing images that contain matching terms. Too many results? Try entering additional keywords to narrow down your search.
You can also filter them with the advanced search tools shown above your search results:
- Image Type - narrow results to images, illustrations, or vectors
- Orientation - choose from vertical or horizontal
- Color - select the color you want results to reflect
- People - show images with people and narrow down by:
- Number of people in image
- Under the “More” dropdown:
- Category - choose from a variety of categories
- Local artists - show content from artists in your country
- Exclude keywords - enter terms you’d like to exclude from search results
- Editorial - show only Editorial or Non-Editorial content
- Image size - choose a minimum height and/or width in inches or centimeters
- You can also turn on or off safe search
Results can also be sorted by:
- New - show newest content first
- Popular - show most popular content first
- Best Match - show most relevant content first (based on keyword)
Need a specific image?
If you know the image ID number, you can enter it into the search bar to navigate right to that image.
Reverse Image Search
Shutterstock has built technology that can “see” image pixels and find similar images. Upload an image to our search function and it’ll find other images that are similar to it. Click here to learn more.
Check your License History
If you’ve previously downloaded an image, it will be visible in your License History (previously Download History).