The payment cycle for Shutterstock contributors is set up on a monthly basis. Payments are calculated at the end of every month for contributors who meet their minimum payout amount and are eligible to receive payment. Payments are sent according to the settings indicated in the contributor account at the time that the payment was calculated.Payment Cycle1. Payment Period
2. Payment Calculation
- At Midnight (12:00 AM EST) New York Time on the 1st day of the month the payment period ends and a new cycle begins.
- Shortly after the payment period ends we start calculating payments.
3. Payment Processing
- Payments are calculated only for those contributors who are eligible to receive a payment and whose earnings reached the minimum payout amount set in the account.
- If both requirements are met, we reset your 'Unpaid Earnings' to zero and start the process of calculating and issuing a payment. The process of calculating payments usually takes a few days.
- Once payment calculation is complete we will send you an email notifying you of the payment you are going to receive.
4. Payment Status
- Payments to Payoneer, Paypal or Skrill are usually sent between the 7th and 15th day of the month, unless the 7th falls on a weekend.
- Check payments are processed around the 15th day of the month and sent to the mailing address in your account shortly after. Delivery times for checks vary by country. Please allow ample time, at least 2-4 weeks, for your check to be delivered through the postal service before contacting us about a missing check.
What might impact my eligibility to receive payment?In addition to meeting your minimum payment amount, a few other factors determine your eligibility.
- Once the payment has been processed and sent out electronically or by postal mail, it will be reflected in your Payment History.
Do I need to request my payment?
- Tax Status: Both U.S. and non-U.S. contributors must have an approved tax form on file. Refer to the Tax Center for additional information.
- Contributors from certain countries are subject to a 90-day waiting period. For more information please see Why is my account in a 90 day waiting period?
- If your account is disabled or under investigation, payment will not be issued.
No, it is not necessary for you to contact us to request your payment. Contributor payouts are automatically calculated at the end of each pay period and delivered according to the payment method in your account settings. Our system will determine if you have met the requirements to receive payment.What are my options for receiving payments?Shutterstock currently offers four payment methods:
Note: You may not share a Payoneer, Paypal or Skrill account with another Shutterstock contributor (Terms of Service, paragraph 8j)How do I set my minimum payout and payout method?
- Bank check (sent by postal mail to the mailing address in your account)
You can set your minimum payout amount and select your payment method in the 'Payout Information' section of your account settings.
Please note that if you change your payment settings after a payment has already been calculated, your new settings will take effect the following month. This means that the payment in progress will be delivered according to the previous settings.
What if I don't meet my minimum payout amount in a single month?
If you did not reach your minimum, then all your earnings will transfer to the next month. This will repeat every month until you have accumulated enough to receive your payment.
Why didn't I receive my payment or a payment email?
- If you received an email notification of payment, and the payment is in your Payment History, but you did not receive the money, please see this article: What can I do if I received a payment email, but no payment?
- If you were expecting payment but did not receive a payment email from us, it is possible that you don't meet the eligibility criteria as listed above and/or you did not reach your minimum payout at the end of the previous month.
Please visit our Tax Center to learn more about Shutterstock’s tax policy.
Here are some additional resources you may find helpful:
How do I change my payment settings?
Why were my gross earnings reduced to zero?
Why is my payment lower than what I earned?How much will I be paid as a contributor to Shutterstock?