In this series, 10 Offset artists answer 10 questions about their approaches to visual storytelling. Each artist has a different style and subject matter, ranging from lively portraiture to stark architectural photography. Discover how their inspiration, techniques, and stories unfold.
Get the entire Offset Artists Series here.
Question 5: How did Offset find you, or did you find Offset?
1. Devon Hall: I heard about Offset from a fellow photographer and applied.
2. Ester Keate: Offset found me and sent me an email.
3. Jen Huang: Offset found me first, and then I reached back out to them when I was ready.
4. Jennifer Bogle: I was contacted by Offset back in the summer of 2014, after they saw my work on my blog. Submitting to a stock agency wasn’t even on my radar so I didn’t respond right away, but a few friends did. I got a follow-up email a few months later and jumped on it. I’ve been a contributor ever since.
5. Kyle La Mere: Offset found me! Yay!
6. Lisa Tichané: I received an email from Offset last year, saying that my work would be a wonderful addition to the growing Offset collection. I have to admit that I didn’t know what Offset was at that time – the world of stock photography was totally new to me. I was pretty reluctant at first because I had heard so many bad stories about stock, but when I started to browse the imagery in the Offset galleries I was hooked. It was so different (and so much better) than what I expected. Such a unique collection!
7. Matt Armendariz: Offset contacted me and it was the beginning of a great relationship! I love Offset.
8. William & Susan Brinson: Offset found us through our website, williamandsusanbrinson.com.
9. Shana Novak: Offset found me.
10. Benoit Florençon: A former client referred me.
Go to the next question: What camera and lens do you use? And do you use natural lighting?
Offset artists are visual storytellers with a deep passion for their craft. Images in the Offset collection are gathered from world-class and award-winning assignment photographers, illustrators, and agencies, with a focus on unique content with narrative, authentic, and sophisticated qualities.