Last summer, we announced one of our biggest collaborations yet — an integration into Facebook adverts API that gives businesses millions of Shutterstock images to choose from when creating campaigns.
After a limited rollout, the new option is now available to all Facebook users. Using high-quality, professional images in your ads is a great way to attract new customers and increase business. Here are some tips on how to create a Facebook ad by making the most of Shutterstock images in your campaigns:
First, open the Facebook Ad create tool and select the type of result you’d like to generate. Then, when you’re given the option, choose “Find Images” to search for Shutterstock images you can use.
You’ll be able to browse through millions of professional-quality images from the Shutterstock collection. When searching, hover over any image to see it at a larger size.
Here are some tips to consider when creating your ad content:
– Choose an image with a point of interest at the center. That way, it will have impact even if the image is cropped to a different shape in the final ad.
– Select an image that works well at big and small sizes. Facebook lets you preview your ads, so you’ll see how the image appears in different ad formats.
– Make sure the image not only represents your brand, but also appeals to the audience you’re targeting.
– In addition to searching for a specific object or subject, try broader concepts that make sense for your brand, like “adventure” or “enjoyment.”
– Colorful images and images with dark backgrounds tend to stand out best on Facebook pages.
When you’ve found the perfect image for your post, select it and click “Done.” You have the option to add additional images to test (up to six in total) if you want to see how different images perform in your ad.
Finish creating the ad with your preferred settings and targeting. You’ll also be able to see a preview of what the final ad will look like, complete with the Shutterstock image.
For more tips, check out our post Secrets to Facebook Advertising: Where Image Is Everything.
Perfect your Facebook ads even further with more tips for optimizing your ads.