Want to elevate your designs with an artistic autumn vibe? Check out these free (that’s right FREE) abstract fall patterns.
Pumpkins, scarves, acorns. These are beloved symbols of fall, but that doesn’t mean every project between now and November has to include them.
Instead, check out this FREE pack of Abstract Fall Patterns, offering a fresh—or shall we say crisp?—take on seasonal design.
What’s Included in this FREE Abstract Fall Pattern Pack
This seamless pattern pack contains four different patterns that can you can use individually or combined. Each pattern is 5000 x 5000 pixels to ensure quality in large canvas, yet can still be sized down as needed.
There are two file versions of this pattern:
- .jpg file version -> ready to use
- .png file version (transparent background) -> so that you can put them on any background
How to Download the FREE Abstract Fall Pattern Pack
Simply click on the red download button below to download the pack, then extract the zip file (double-click on Mac, or right-click -> extract files on Windows).
Inside the zip file, you’ll find two folders—one contains the ready-to use .jpeg files, the other contains the transparent .png files.
By downloading this FREE pack, you agree not to resell or redistribute these assets.
Ways to Use the FREE Abstract Pattern Pack
Here are some ideas to spark your creativity . . .
Elevate a plain white presentation by using the patterns as accents. Just don’t overcrowd your slides—you want the focus of your presentation to stay on the content itself.
Update your website banner for the season and add a unique, modern look to your site while you’re at it.
Imagine receiving this eye-catching envelope? Wouldn’t you be excited to open it and see what’s inside?
Package a special gift with special paper. No gift-giving plans just yet? Print the patterns now and save for later—you never know when you’re going to need it!
How to Apply Seamless Patterns
Step 1: Define Your Pattern
First, you need to add the pattern to your Adobe Photoshop’s pattern catalog. You can do this with the Define Pattern feature.
- Open the downloaded pattern file with Adobe Photoshop
- Choose Edit -> Define Pattern
- Write the name of your pattern
- Then, repeat the above steps with your other pattern files until all the patterns have been defined into your pattern catalog
Step 2: Apply Seamless Pattern
To apply the seamless pattern to your design, use the Pattern Fill tool.
- On your design canvas, make sure you have the Layers window open. To show the Layers window, click on Windows > Layers.
- Select the background layer or any of the layers that you want to fill using the pattern
- Click on the Adjustment Layer button at the bottom of the Layer window
- Choose Pattern and the Pattern Fill pop-up window will appear
- Choose the pattern that you’ve defined before
- You can easily adjust the Scale and Angle of your pattern. Adjust until you achieve the desired look, then click OK.
Step 3: Changing the Pattern
To switch patterns, simply double-click on your layer pattern and the Pattern Fill window will appear. You can also re-adjust the Angle and Scale any time with this Pattern Fill window.
Interested in designing your own patterns? Check out these tutorials below: