Sorry, this image is no longer available.Return to the homepage
Similar ImagesSee All
Gerardmer and its lake old view, France. Created by Clerget, published on Le Tour du Monde, Paris, 1867
Sitka old view, Alaska (formerly New Archangel during Russian rule). By unidentified author, published on Magasin Pittoresque, Paris, 1845
Old representation of popular marriage feast in the Swiss canton of Fribourg. Created by Varin, published on Magasin Pittoresque, Paris, 1850
Elephant ploughing old illustration, Ceylon (nowadays Sri Lanka). Created by Therond and Huyot after Andrasy, published on Le Tour du Monde, Paris, 1860
Old illustration of velocipede race at Saint Cloud, France. Created by Pauquet, published on L'Illustration, Journal Universel, Paris, 1868
Old illustration of a strange optical phenomena during aerostat ascension in Paris, 15 april 1868. Created by Blanchard and Cosson-Smeeton, published on L'Illustration, Journal Universel, Paris, 1868
Four kinds of lamp in the Electricity Exposition of 1882 (Paris): Edison, Maxim, Swan, Werdermann. By unidentified author, published on Magasin Pittoresque, Paris, 1882
Second empire framed decoration. Created by Reiber, published on L'Illustration, Journal Universel, Paris, 1858
View Images by Category
Get Started for Free
Empowering the World's Storytellers
High quality images curated from over 150 countries.
Over 40 million photos, vectors, illustrations, and more.
Simple and flat pricing by image or by month.
Over 230,000 images downloaded every day.
Frequent Licensing Questions
- Do I have to pay more to get access to the full Shutterstock Collection?
- Nope! Everyone who signs up gets full access to our entire library, including our curated collections. We won't charge you more for better quality content.
- What's the difference between a Standard License and an Enhanced License?
- All plans come as a Standard license, and can be upgraded to an Enhanced license at any time. Our Standard license allows you to use images for anything, except large print runs over 500,000+ or for merchandising. Enhanced license should be for larger print runs or advertising.
- Do I have to pay more for high resolution images?
- Absolutely not. Vectors, or eps files are included in the price of your purchase.
- How long can I use these images?
- Our license is a global/world-wide usage license that lasts in perpetuity. Once you have downloaded your image, you have life-long rights to use it under the terms of the license purchased.
- Can I cancel my subscription?
- Yes. We offer a money-back guarantee. If at any time you're unsatisfied with your experience with us, you can cancel your subscription.