Sorry, this image is no longer available.Return to the homepage
Similar ImagesSee All
At certain times of the year Scalloped Hammerhead sharks (Sphyrna lewini) gather in large numbers at Cocos Island off Costa Rica. This island is known for its sharks and great fish populations.
Beautiful tropical island in French Polynesia under and above water
Cocos Island, several hundred miles off the west coast of Costa Rica, is home to a large population of Scalloped hammerhead sharks (Sphyrna lewini). It is on the globally endangered species list.
Whale shark silhouette, Koh Tao, Thailand.
Whitetip reef sharks (Triaenodon obesus) take a rest on the sandy top of a pinnacle during the day. At night these nocturnal hunters will spread out to search for prey on the surrounding reef.
A dead Blacktip reef shark (Carcharhinus melanopterus) lies in the shallows where fishermen through the carcass after taking the animal's fins. The fins will be sold for soup in Asia.
whale shark towards the camera
A Scalloped hammerhead cruises in blue water off Cocos Island, Costa Rica. Cocos is known for its large shark population.
View Images by Category
Get Started for Free
Empowering the World's Storytellers
High quality images curated from over 150 countries.
Over 50 million photos, vectors, illustrations, and more.
Simple and flat pricing by image or by month.
Over 230,000 images downloaded every day.
Frequent Licensing Questions
- Do I have to pay more to get access to the full Shutterstock Collection?
- Nope! Everyone who signs up gets full access to our entire library, including our curated collections. We won't charge you more for better quality content.
- What's the difference between a Standard License and an Enhanced License?
- All plans come as a Standard license, and can be upgraded to an Enhanced license at any time. Our Standard license allows you to use images for anything, except large print runs over 500,000+ or for merchandising. Enhanced license should be for larger print runs or advertising.
- Do I have to pay more for high resolution images?
- Absolutely not. Vectors, or eps files are included in the price of your purchase.
- How long can I use these images?
- Our license is a global/world-wide usage license that lasts in perpetuity. Once you have downloaded your image, you have life-long rights to use it under the terms of the license purchased.
- Can I cancel my subscription?
- Yes. We offer a money-back guarantee. If at any time you're unsatisfied with your experience with us, you can cancel your subscription.