Choose the right image license.
Standard LicenseSubscriptions and On Demand
Enhanced LicenseEnhanced Plans
|Number of users||1||1|
|Number of countries you can use images||Worldwide||Worldwide|
|Digital reproductions, such as website views, ebook downloads, use in "apps", software, email, etc.||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Physical reproductions, such as books, magazines, emails, advertising posters, and packaging||Up to 500K||Unlimited|
|TV, online video, and film viewers||Production budgets up to $10k||Unlimited|
|Legal Indemnification||Up to $10K per image||Up to $250K per image|
|Copies of web or print templates||Not allowed||Permitted|
|Copies of merchandise for sale||Not allowed||Permitted|
|See Plans||See Plans|
Need a multi-user or custom license?
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “Name of Artist/Shutterstock”
- Standard License: Required for editorial use of images
- Enhanced License: Required in books, periodicals, film, TV, and merchandise if and where commercially reasonable
What is not allowed with Shutterstock Licenses?
- Sensitive Subjects
- Using any Visual Content in a pornographic, defamatory, or deceptive context, or in a manner that could be considered libelous, obscene, or illegal.
- Portraying any person depicted in Visual Content in connection with a sensitive use, such as depicting such person: in any manner in connection with pornography, "adult videos", adult entertainment venues, escort services, dating services, or tobacco products; as endorsing a political party, candidate, elected official, or opinion; as suffering from, or medicating for, a physical or mental ailment; or engaging in immoral or criminal activities.
- Commercial use of images marked Editorial Use Only
- Logos, trademark, or similar applications of images
- Other usage restrictions may apply. Need more info? See the full Terms of Service.